Snow, Frost and Burst pipes
A burst pipe in your home or business is extremely upsetting and can cause considerable damage.
Not only do you have to contend with damage to your property and the disruption to your life – there may also be health and safety concerns. Burst pipes can lead to damaged ceilings and floors. Dealing with water damage is a complex process with serious consequences if carried out incorrectly, even impacting on property value. It is essential that drying and restoration works are thorough.
If you Expect Frost or Snow.
- Lag/insulate outdoor pipes, attic tanks and supply pipes.
- If a property is unoccupied, the water should be shut off.
- Run the hot taps to drain the attic tank.
- If your home is unoccupied for any period during cold weather, leave the heating on to protect pipes from freezing and bursting.
- Open the attic door to allow heat into your attic. This helps to prevent the pipework and tanks in your attic from freezing.
- Leave the underside of the attic tank un-insulated to allow warm air to reach the tank.
If you have a burst pipe.
- Turn off the water supply immediately.
- Turn off water dependent appliances including your boiler.
- If the water leak is from the attic/above ceiling level, turn off the water supply and turn on all hot taps to drain remaining water out of attic tanks as quickly as possible.
- Engage a professional immediately to stem any flow and make repairs to prevent further damage.
- Report the incident to us immediately and do not effect any permanent repairs until all damage has been assessed and repairs are agreed with us.
- If appliances are affected, turn off the power at the mains board if safe to do so.
If you have a leak.
- Retain all damaged material as it may be crucial to establishing the nature of loss, assessing damage and validating your claim.
- Contact us on 087 9975048 to register any claim for damage and to discuss repair work required.
- Ventilate, gently heat and dehumidify the property.
- Do not re-engage utilities until they have been checked by a competent and qualified professional.
Contact us first.
It is vital that you secure and remediate your premises and that no further water damage occurs. Make sure that your first contact does not compromise any insurance claim. We can ensure for you that this does not happen.
Copyright © RosGal Loss Assessors Limited 2014- | +353 (0)87 9975048 | info@rosgal .ie
ArdCarn Creagh Ballinasloe Co. Galway Contact us from Web
RosGal Loss Assessors Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.